You are able to manage the charges and look at the invoice history for a Service order under Winery Setup -> Billing -> Service orders
Select the Service order you want to view. You can use the options at the top to filter by Code or the Party that the order is linked too.
The [UPDATE] Service Order window allows you to change details about the service order if required after initial setup. To the right you will see a running summary of status information including:
- Invoiced – the total amount invoiced to date
- To be invoiced – the total value of charges not yet invoiced
- Total charges – the total value of all charges both invoiced and uninvoiced
- Contracted – the contracted harvest amount for this order
- Crushed – the total amount crushed for the selected Vintage on this service order
- Balance – the balance amount between contracted and crushed
- Extracted – the total volume of wine extracted. Note: An asterix here means you can mouse over for more information. In this example there is still Must on skins yet to be pressed.
Select the Charges tab for more detailed information about specific charges and to create and manage invoices.
Under this tab use the filters at the top to Search for charges linked to this service order.
- From – include charges recorded from this date
- To – include charges recorded up to and including this date
- Item – filter the charge list based on a specific Item (billing item)
- Invoice no(s). – include a comma separated list of invoice numbers here to filter charges based on invoice
- Invoiced only – include those charges on invoices, those not yet invoiced or both
- Show reversed – include reversed charges as well
Click Search to show charges matching the search criteria. You can export the charges to Excel (CSV) using the CSV option.
(1) You can select the Charge capture itself in order to edit all the charges linked to that capture. This is useful if you want to remove a charge that hasn’t been invoiced yet or even reverse one all together.
(2) By selecting the summary you’ll be taken to the actual winery operation or stock action to which the charge relates.
(3) By clicking the Invoice number you’ll be given the PDF version of the invoice. You can print multiple invoices in a variety of formats by selecting the Invoice format and by using the Download option in the top right.
Creating new invoices
By default, charges raised in vintrace aren’t added automatically to invoices. This gives you an opportunity to review the charges, make alterations, add more charges before finally raising the invoices.
To raise invoices you first need to search for the charges you want included. All those charges without invoice numbers in your table view will be included on the one invoice. If you want to break the invoices up and have different charges on different invoices you will need to adjust your search criteria. It is recommend that when creating invoices you set the Invoiced only option to No so that you see only charges that have not yet been invoiced in your table.
Once happy with the invoice charges table select the desired Invoice format and click Create. You’ll be prompted to save or open the invoice file.
vintrace provides a standard PDF version of an invoice that can be further tailored to your needs including your own detailed remittance advice. Please contact us for assistance in configuring. This default format looks like:
Downloading past invoices
To get a copy of past invoices, use the search criteria to identify the charges/invoices you require and then select the Invoice format before clicking Download.
If you planning on exporting your invoice “run” to an external package, choose the desired invoice format from the drop-down list:
For information on Accounting Package Integration, click here. This will direct you to separate articles for exporting invoices to your particular accounting package.