This feature was added in Vintrace version 6.1.5 and updated in version 7.2.1
The planning schedule is only available for Vintrace Enterprise subscriptions. For more information on the planning schedule click here.
You can now create planned usages directly from your transfer, extraction, multi transfers, press cycle, and bulk intake work orders. This means you can visually plan work on the planning schedule console. Click here to see a full sample on how to create planned usages from your work orders for a bottling schedule, and click here for a sample fermenters schedule.
Below is a short example on how create a planned usage from a transfer work order.
The first task is to create your transfer work order for your bottling tanks.
- Select File menu > Work order from writer > Add job – Transfer/Rack/Blend.
- Enter the date and time you want to schedule the operation, and select a tank in the To Vessel field.
- Click Schedule Details, and then the schedule details icon.
- Enter the estimates of how long you expect the vessel to be in use.
1. How long do you think the job will take? – enter how many hours (hh:mm) you expect the job to last.
2. How long do you expect this product to stay in this vessel? – enter how long you expect the vessel to be in use ((days, weeks, months, years). Click here to learn how you can set this field to be mandatory upon scheduling or completing jobs.
3. Advanced – opens the Planned usage screen if you want to manually create the planned usage.
4. Planning schedule icon – opens the Planning schedule console for the vessel so you can see if there are any other planned usages for the vessel.
In the example below, we have entered that the transfer task will take eight hours, and the vessel will be in use for eight days.
- Click Add to work order, and then save the work order.
- Select Planning console – View by vessel name and enter the name of your tank.A planned usage has been automatically created for your transfer work order for Bottling tank 1 that starts on 14 November at 12pm and is eight days long.Important: The auto creation of planned usages is only for tanks on the destination side of any transfer, multi transfers, extraction, bulk intake, or press cycle jobs. For all other operations, you have to create the planned usage manually.
Click on the planned usage to view the transfer work order that you created.