Packaging is the operation by which we bottle. You may package to either a single bottle (recommended option – you’ll create the cases later) or package directly to a case.
You may start by finding the bulk wine you’ll be using from the Product Overview> Operations button> Packaging; from the menu Operations> Packaging, or from a new Work Order> Operations button> Packaging.
Here is a step by step guide to packaging to your chosen stock item, in this case a single bottle:
- Fill in the from vessel or batch
- Fill in the out gallons (you don’t have to bottle the entire tank at one time)
- Fill in the stock code for your single bottle stock item.
- Click the Calculator button. This does three things:
- calculates Volume packaged
- calculates the quantity being packaged (#4 above)
- calculates the loss (if any)
- You may change the number of bottles by editing the Quantity (#4)
- Re-click the Calculator button to update the other related fields.
- Route your packaged bottles by clicking the Forklift icon.
- Check your loss, enter the Loss reason, and choose your Bottling line (optional).
- If you have batch tracking turned on, choose or create a batch using the Lookup or Add New icons.
- Enter the time and date.
Save the packaging.
Note: once you have packaged your single bottles, you will need to use the Manufacture operation to turn them into cases. Click here for the article on the Manufacture operation.