The Measurement operation lets you update the configuration of a barrel group. You can change the volume in any barrel, or add, remove, or swap a barrel in that group.
There are several ways to access the Measurement operation:
- Click the Operations icon, then from the General section, click Measurement.
- From the Product page, click the Measurement icon.
The Measurement window displays the barrel group’s current barrels and their volumes.
Adding or Removing a Barrel
From the Measurement window, you can add barrels to or remove barrels from your barrel group.
To add a barrel to a barrel group, click Add Line, then specify the details for the new barrel.
To remove a barrel from the barrel group, click the beside the barrel you want to remove.
Changing a Barrel's Volume
There are two options for changing the volume of barrels in a barrel group:
Calculate Total Volume Based on Each Barrel’s Volume
To calculate the total volume of the barrel group based on each barrel’s volume:
- Select the Work Out Volume from Barrel Details option.
- Select a Fill status (i.e., Full, Three Quarters, Half, Quarter, Specify, or Empty) for each barrel in the group.The barrel’s capacity and Fill status will be used to determine the volume. To manually enter the volume for a barrel, select the Specify.
Allocate Total Wine Volume Across Barrels
If you know the total volume of wine for the barrel group, you can enter that amount and specify the Fill status for each barrel. vintrace will then calculate the remaining volume for partially-filled barrels.
- Select the I Know the Volume of Wine option.
- In the New Amount field, enter the total volume of wine.
- Select a Fill status (i.e., Full, Partial (Remaining), Specify, and Empty) for each barrel in the group.
- Click Apportion Partial.