Creating a 5120.17 report (5120.17) can be created by opening the Reports menu (the bar chart icon at the bottom of the screen) – Government Reports > TTB Report of Wine Premises Operations
Note the different set up options:
- Year – you’ll usually want the current calendar year, but you may run it for periods in prior years.
- Period selections: (Monthly/Quarterly/Yearly/Custom)
- Bond – If you are in a multi-winery environment or need to run a 5120.17 for an AP02 you can select which bond number to generate the report for.
- Version – This defaults to “Original” but may be changed to “Amended” if you are correcting a report previously submitted.
- Precision – The number of decimals used for reporting gallons for both bulk and packaged wines.
- Include inactive stock items – Checked by default. This allows you to report on bottled wines that have been dispatched or any wine that has been deactivated but still needs to be recorded in the report.
- I plan to submit this 5120.17 to the TTB – set off by default. Please read the disclaimer:
This PDF is editable so you may modify it, including adding explanations on losses, adding spirits or concentrate (which are not reported in our current version), etc.
If you have had to make corrections within vintrace for any line, column or cell within the report, you may re-run the report as many times as necessary until you are satisfied and ready to submit the final version. If you are wanting to breakdown the gallons used on this report and view what individual batches/lots were used you can run the Tax Breakdown Report described here.
Reminder: the use of custom dates which cover smaller and smaller periods is a great tool for locating exactly when an erroneous entry may have occurred. You’ll then know which product and what date to correct. Re-run the report to ensure the results are now correct.
The official TTB website which has an excellent guide for this report, search for "Guide to Form 5120.17" .