Using barrel auto codes, you can rapidly create new barrels and fulfill purchase orders at the same time.
Firstly, you need to configure auto codes for your barrel. Click here for more information on creating and using auto codes.
Receiving barrels directly from the purchase order
- Go to the Purchase order and then click the Add barrel icon on the line item. In the example below we are creating a purchase order for twenty barrels - Five will be M++, TH, VTG; Ten will be Custom, TH, VTG; Five will be Med, NTH, TG. Save the Purchase order as Unfulfilled or with State = New or Approved.
- When you are ready to receive the barrels, locate and open the Purchase order. If you haven't already changed State to Approved, do so now.
- Click Add barrel tool for each line; the vintrace will recognize the quantity and prepare to create five, ten and five barrels.
- This will open the Barrel Create dialog. If you have more than one barrel auto code, choose the one you wish to use.
- Fill in the appropriate fields; select how many identical barrels are to be created; this number will default to the number of barrels shown on that line of the Purchase order; Save.
- For multiple lines, repeat for the other barrels and Save.
- The Delivered quantity is updated and the Fulfillment status will be updated to Fulfilled when you click on Save in the Purchase order.
- When done, you can see the twenty new barrels via the Barrel registry (Winery setup > Vessels > Barrels)
Receiving barrels on a purchase order from Barrel treatment work order
- Create a Barrel treatment to receive barrels (Winery setup > Treatment > Treatment (Barrel) > Add Barrel treatments)
- Create a Work order for a Treatment (Barrel) to receive the barrels. Click Add in the Treatment dialog.
- Click on Create new barrels from the search screen.
- In the Barrel [Create] screen, enter the Purchase order number in the Purchase Order field and then enter the number of barrels ordered on the Purchase order. If you had only one line item on order, vintrace will recognize the quantity and prepare to create twenty identical barrels. Fill in all required fields plus any optional ones that you wish to record.
If there were multiple lines on the Purchase order for different sets of barrels with different characteristics (Toasting, Toasted heads, Grain, etc), click on each of the units shown and proceed to set up the Barrel [Create] with the characteristics for that set of barrels.
- vintrace will use the barrel auto code to create twenty new barrels. Click Use selection.
- Click Add to work order to create the Work order.
- Complete the Work order to finalize this barrel intake and to update the status of your Purchase order to Fulfilled.
Warning: If you use the first method of receiving barrels by using the Add barrel tool in the Purchase order, DO NOT also use the Work order/Barrel treatment or vice versa. This will create double the number of barrels. We strongly suggest you pick one method or the other and use that method consistently.