If you’ve been provided with a new version of the vintrace software to run on the Motorola mc9090/mc9190 or compatible device follow these steps to update it.
1) Dock the device in the cradle making sure the USB is connected to your computer, the device is on and the power is connected to the cradle. Quit vintrace on the device if this is already running.
2) From your computer, run the vintraceSetup-X.X.X.msi file that has been provided following the prompts (with all the default options).
3) During the installation you will be asked to OK the software to be downloaded or installed/upgraded on the device. After this step look at the screen of the device. You will need to select OK on the device itself to accept the installation.
4) On the device it will prompt for an installation location. Leave the option as default (which should say “Device”) and select “Install” from the bottom left. The device should say successfully installed. If there are any problems at this point contact support for assistance.
5) Back on your PC click finish the installation process by clicking OK or Finish on the installation wizard.
6) You can now log in to vintrace on the device and continue to use as normal. You should notice the version number changes to be the same version indicated in the vintraceSetup-X.X.X.msi file name.