If you use a Mac or some other non-Windows PC, or your barrel scanner’s dock/cradle isn’t conveniently located next to a PC and you need to update the software, you can use these instructions to update your barrel scanner without it being docked.
1) On the device, go into Start -> Internet Explorer and type in the following address [ http://oz2.vinx2.net/v6/ ]. Note that the “/” key is on the same key as ‘V’, you just need to press the blue function key to the right of ‘C’ first)
2) You will be presented with several files here, the one you want to select is the PistolGripCab.CAB file
2) Internet Explorer will prompt you to download the file with an option to “Open the file after download”. Make sure this option is checked, then click “Yes”. This will download the update, and launch the installer.
3) In the installer you will be asked if you want to remove the old version. Click “OK”. If it asks for an installation directory, select the “Device” option (which should be the default option). Click “Install” in the bottom left hand corner.
4) Wait for the installer to finish, then click “ok” in the top right.
5) After this you will need to remove the scanner from the dock to enable wireless connectivity.
6) Run Start -> vintrace on the device, sign in, and check to make sure that the version number is the one you should now be using.