First off: What is the Rollback Feature?
It is a feature that allows you to restore wine, exactly how it was before a selected operation. In cases where more operations affecting the initial wine (the wine as it was before the selected operation) occurred, those operations along with any other affected wines will be reversed.
In short, the feature restores the initial wine and any further affected wines back in time, as if the selected operation never happened.
How it works:
The Rollback feature will find and display all of the operations that are impacted by your selected operation. You must then review the information and confirm whether you are willing to reverse each of the affected operations.
Once you’ve confirmed each of the operations you may continue the rollback which will work its magic and restore the affected wines back to their previous state.
- View the selected operation you wish to rollback.
- Click on the Rollback button.
- Confirm that you acknowledge the reversal of the following operations, as part of the rollback.
3b. View a highlighted operation before confirming it.
- Provide the reason why you wish to perform the rollback.
- Once all operations are confirmed you may proceed by clicking “Rollback”
A Simple scenario:
- A Multi Topping was entered in by mistake.
- Barrels A,B and C originally had 50 gallons
- A Multi-topping operation occurred where 10 gal was apportioned out from Barrel C into Barrels A and B
- Aim: To restore the wines to their original state before the Mutli-topping occurred as if nothing ever happened.
2. After clicking on the Rollback Button, the Rollback Form will appear. The form contains information on the; Selected operation, the wines and their volumes to be restored and a list of operations that will be reversed.
4,5. A final message will appear once you’ve provided a reason for the rollback and clicked on the ‘Rollback’ button in the bottom right. This is the last confirmation before the rollback goes ahead and works it magic. So make sure you are confident that the details are correct as the wines will be restored as if nothing ever happened (which can’t be undone).
At the top of the Rollback form, there is information on the Selected Operation and a help button that will bring you to this page.
The Rollback button and the reason field are placed at the bottom of the form but mainly the Rollback form consists of two main tables; a ‘Restoration Summary’ table and an Operations table.
Each line on the Summary table represents a Wine or a Fruit product, which will be restored once the rollback is complete.
The table contains basic information about the product, i.e. the Volume, Batch/Container as well as providing you with notes in cases where additional information is required.
Each line on the Operations table represents an operation that has affected the Wine/Fruit products to be restored.
In order for the rollback to continue each of the operations must be reversed, which requires your confirmation. The more critical operations will be highlighted red and require you to view the operation before you can confirm.