This guide assumes you have already reached out to our Sales department to have the controller integration module added to your subscription. If you need this functionality please email email@example.com.
Integration features and expectations
Here are some of the integration features we support and what you can expect with the integration enabled:
- vintrace can read in temperature and sugar metrics on a configurable interview and appear as automated analyses.
- vintrace pushes tank information back to the Tank controller within 5 minutes.
- pending lab work and work orders on a tank will pause automated analysis from being applied.
Supported Tank Controllers
vintrace currently supports the following Tank controllers.
Controller brand: TankNET
Support email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Default listening port: 443
Port range to allow: 443 - 443
Controller brand: VinWizard
Support email: email@example.com
Default listening port: 8008
Port range to allow: 8000 – 8020
Preparing for Integration
You will need the following to ensure successful integration:
1. Advise the tank controller company you will be setting up integration with vintrace. They will need to do some configuration at their end to make it work.
2. Have your IT resource configure your network to allow us to connect to your controller over the internet. Your IT resource will need to provide an External IP address and port number for us to connect to.
3. If your controller tank names differ from vintrace tank names: build a mapping in a spreadsheet to provide to us.
Submit a request
Once you have this information please submit a request to us with the following information:
Tank Controller Type: Either Vinwizard or TankNet
IP address and Port: Your IT can provide this information. This is the IP address and port number we will connect.
Polling interval: How often you want us to poll your tank controller for new readings
Tank mapping: Advise us they are the same or provide a spreadsheet with details on how they map
Here is an example of a submitted request for TankNet where the names match:
Please find details for our tank controller integration
Tank controller type: TankNET
Polling interval: 12 hours
IP address and port: 220.127.116.11 port 443
Tank Name Mappings: TankNET tank names match vintrace tank names
Here is an example of a submitted request for VinWizard where the names differ:
Please find details for our tank controller integration:
Tank controller type: VinWizard
Polling interval: 12 hours
IP address and port: 18.104.22.168 port 8008
Tank Name Mappings: Our VinWizard and vintrace names differ.
Please find attached spreadsheet of how they map
What happens next?
After we receive your request we will set up the integration at our end and advise you of completion or if we need more information to complete the request.