This guide assumes that the configuration stage is finished, to configure you accounting interface, see How to link vintrace and QuickBooks.
It is now possible to sync data from your service orders to your preferred accounting package. Below we will show you how to do it with QuickBooks.
- To begin, create a charge or use an existing one. Click here for more information on how to configure Client billing and generate charges.
- Next, go to Console > Client billing invoices and click on New invoice run.
- Update your selection criteria and click on Generate invoice.
- This will generate an invoice for the charges you have created and auto select it in the Client billing invoices console.
- Click on the actions icon > Approve to approve the invoice. The invoice needs to be in Approved state before it can be synced to QuickBooks.
- After the invoice is approved you can now sync it by clicking on the actions icon > Sync.
- Once the invoice is synced successfully, a tick icon will be shown under the Synced column in Client billing invoice console.
- Your invoice is synced to QuickBooks with the same invoice number from vintrace.
Syncing billing items
On syncing your invoice to QuickBooks, the vintrace billing items in the invoice are also automatically synced to QuickBooks if they have not been synced before. If the items with the same name already exist in your QuickBooks then it will just link these existing items to the vintrace items.
Syncing items with Linked item Id set
If your billing item in vintrace has a Linked item Id set, this will be the item linked in QuickBooks. In the example below, the billing item code in vintrace is BOTTLE SHIPPER and it has Linked item Id as REVENUE ACCTS:OTHER:Wine Shippers.
Once an invoice is synced to QuickBooks with the billing item BOTTLE SHIPPER, the item is also synced.
If the Linked item Id has colon ":" in the name, it will create the item with a the string after the last ":" as the item name and the string before that will be set as category. This is how the synced item looks like in QuickBooks.
This is how the synced invoice looks like in QuickBooks for the item.
Syncing items without Linked item Id set
If your billing item in vintrace does not have a Linked item Id set, this will be the item linked in QuickBooks using the Code set in vintrace.
Once an invoice is synced to QuickBooks with the billing item LABOR/STD, the item is also synced.
This is how the synced item looks like in QuickBooks.