You can now bill your clients in installments for contracted fruit tonnage at harvest in vintrace. Simply define the per ton rates and your billing schedule and vintrace will include these charges as part of your next billing run. This can all be pre-configured ahead of harvest with down-payment invoices issued at a time that suits you and your clients.
How to setup Client billing installments
- Go to Winery setup > Billing > Installment items and create new Installment item. Enter Code and then select Type or Variety depending on which one you want to bill for your Installment item. If you have accounting integration enabled and want to send the installment invoices to your accounting package, you need to select an Account that is linked to your accounting package.
- After your Installment item is created go to Winery setup > Billing > Service orders and select the Service order where you want to create the installment. You need to set the Vintage for the Service order, this vintage is one of the criteria to search for your billable fruit receivals for the installment. Click on Add line to add an Installment charge.
- Select the Installment item set the Rate and Contracted amount for the installment. You can set multiple Installment charges.
- Click on Add line in Installment billing schedule to enter your number of installments and set the Portion of contract. Select the Date to invoice for each of the installment number, the invoice will be generated based on this date. When you perform the New invoice run from Client billing console, and the Date to invoice falls within selected date range, then the invoice will be generated.
- After you have setup the Installment charges and Installment billing schedule, click on Save in the Service order screen.
How to generate installment invoices
- Go to Consoles > Client billing invoices > New invoice run.
- Select the Date range you want to bill for and Service order or Client. If an installment billing schedule has a Date to invoice that falls within the Date range selected, that installment item will appear under the Installments section.
- Clicking on the actions icon will bring up the details for the installment to be invoiced.
- Click on Generate invoice to create the invoice. This will also pick up any charges captured on work orders or ad-hoc charges during the billing period and allocate them to the generated invoice.
- Invoice is generated for the period.
- The invoice generated will show the installment and the ad-hoc charges. The installment charges will be broken down per Installment charge defined in your installment setup. The Quantity for these Installment charges is based on the contracted weight but if it is the final installment, it will be based on the actual received weight less the contracted weight already invoiced.
- The printed invoice will show the details for the installments.
- After an invoice is generated for the installment, you can see the invoice set against the installment number in the Service order. You can print or reverse the invoice from there as well.
Calculating the final installment
- The final installment will be based on the the actual received fruit less the contracted weight already billed. The Received weight is the sum of all received fruit for the selected Vintage and Installment type set Service order. This is calculated based on the Service order set on the Fruit booking. If the Service order is not set during the scheduling of the Fruit booking, it will be auto populated with the Service order set of the batch to which the fruit was crushed into.
- You can view the fruit receival details by clicking on the Received amount in the Installment charges.
- In the example below, 70% of the contracted amount (7 T for Red crush and 3.5 T for White crush) has already been invoiced. Fruit has already been received and you want to bill for the final installment.
- When you generate the installment invoice, the Quantity will be total received weight less the already invoiced contracted weight. In the example, Red crush: 9.5 T - 7 T = 2.5 T.
- The printed final installment invoice will show the fruit receival details per Installment item.