Adding attachments is only available in the new vintrace.
User permissions required to use this feature:
- Can view product notes
- Can add product notes
Adding notes and attachments from new vintrace
- Go to the new vintrace page, click Vessels and select a wine by clicking on the batch link.
- Click Notes and then click Add note.
- Click Upload file to add an attachment.
- In the browser's File upload screen, you can select single or multiple files as long as each file does not exceed the 20MB file size limit. The selected files are attached to the note.
- Enter text into the note area if required, and then click Save. After the note is saved, you can see it in the Notes tab with the paperclip icon that shows the number of attachments in the note.
- Click Notes in a wine and then click Add Note.
- Enter text for your notes and tap the camera icon to add a photo attachment.
- Select the image type of the attachment. In the example below, a photo of a document is being uploaded.
- Take a photo of your document and then tap Use Photo.
- Tap on the check icon to save your note and attachment.
Notes and attachments follow the wine on a blend
If you have a wine that has notes and attachments, and you blend that wine, and its volume is 25% or more of the total volume of the resulting wine, the notes and attachments from the source wine are included in the resulting blend.
In the example below, you have two source wines that both have notes and attachments.
You blend the two wines into an empty tank with the first wine's volume is 80% of the blend and the second wine's volume is 20% of the blend.
After the blend, you can see that in the blended wine, the notes from the first wine are displayed, while the notes from the second wine did not make it into the blended wine.
Editing the note in the blended wine updates the note in the original source wine.