This feature is only available in the new vintrace.
You can now add tags to your wine and search wines using the tags. Tags let you quickly classify wines with multiple values. They can be used to track certain properties of the wine, for administrative purposes, etc. This can be particularly useful when in the cellar by quickly adding tags to a wine based on taste. You could then use that list of tagged wines to generate work orders for additions, etc.
Adding tags from new vintrace
- Select Product > General > Add tag.
- Enter a tag. The system automatically searches for existing tags that match what you enter, or you can click Add as new tag to add the tag if it doesn't exist. The tag is added to the wine. You can add multiple tags to a wine and use the same tags across different wines.
Searching for wines with tags
You can search for wines with specific tags from the Quick search. This displays a list of wines that have the tag.
You can also search for wines with tags in the Vessels page by adding the Tags column
- Click the cog icon and then select the Tags checkbox.
- Filter on the Tags column to search for wines with specific tags.
You can perform operations, lab work, write a work order, etc. for the tagged wines.
- Go to the Product page and tap Add tag.
- You can search for existing tags and add it or you can tap Create to add a new tag.
You can add multiple tags to your wine.
You can remove tags by tapping on the x button beside the tag.
You can also search for wines with specific tags from the search field in the main screen.
Tags follow the wine on a blend
If you have a wine that has notes and attachments, then you blend that wine, and its volume weighting in the resulting wine is more than or equal to the Metric Merge Weighting, the notes and attachments from the source wine are displayed in in the resulting blend.
In the example below, the Metric Merge Weighting is set to 0.10.
We have two wines that have multiple tags, with one tag in common.
We blend the two wines into an empty vessel. Transfer out volume for TJX-110 [2017CH-Prog] is 100 gal and transfer out volume for TJX-11 [BL16CH26] is 900 gal. The blended wine will now have the following weighting: 0.10 of TJX-110 [2017CH-Prog] and 0.90 of TJX-11.
The blended wine includes all unique tags from both the source wine. Adding or removing tags on this blended wine does not affect the tags of the source wine.