We are excited to announce the release of our Bulk product allocation feature in vintrace, allowing you to easily manage the supply and demand process. You can create an end-use product and allocate portions of a wine batch throughout the production process to that product, or multiple products.
For estate wineries, this will be particularly useful for allocating your bulk wine to a specific brand or product tier, enabling you to ensure your bulk wine meets your market demands.
For contract winemakers, or those producing bulk wine to order, you can also use this to allocate bulk wine in tanks to a specific contract.
Creating a product
Start tracking allocations by creating a new product, specifying name and owner plus additional details such as demand per vintage, and supply.
- Go to new vintrace > Products.
- Click on the "+" button on the upper right corner of the Products screen.
- Enter a name for your product and select the owner.
- Click on the name of the newly created product.
- Enter a demand for the product.
Allocate bulk wine to products
You can use the Allocation table to allocate bulk wine to your products. This screen gives you a clear visual of which bulk wines in production have been allocated to each product.
- You can access the Allocation table from Product allocation > Manage product allocations.
- Click on the "+" button then Add vessel.
- This will bring you to the Vessels page. Search and select the bulk wines you want to add to the allocation. Then click on Use selection.
- The wines are added to the Allocation table. You can then allocate the wines to the product by clicking on the pencil icon and entering the allocated volume.
- After you have entered your allocations, the Balance is updated automatically.
- Going back to Products > Product allocation > Bulk wine tab, the vessels are shown in the list with the allocated and available volumes.
Multiple allocations on a bulk wine
You can allocate your bulk wine to multiple products from the Allocation table.
- Add multiple products for the same owner in Allocation table.
- Enter the allocated volume for each product.
The Finished wine tab in Product allocation gives you a clear view of the bulk dispatch and packaging operations that have started to fulfill your demand volume of the product.
- If you have multiple allocations or if there's unallocated volume on a wine, you can select which allocation to fulfill for the bulk dispatch or packaging operation. By default, Proportional allocation is selected where it auto calculates the fulfilled amount of allocated and unallocated volume according to their ratio.
- In the example below, product allocation JX2 Wines Brand A was selected to transfer out for the bulk dispatch.
- If you have allocated your wines to a product, any bulk dispatch or packaging operation done on the wine will show up in the Finished wine tab.
- The Produced value for the product in the General tab is also updated with the dispatched/packaged volume.
Tracking allocations on transfers
As wine is produced, moved around, blended and losses made, you can track your allocated volumes and avoid any shortfalls for those products.
- If you have multiple allocations or if there's unallocated volume on a wine, you can select which allocation to use for the transfer operation. By default, Proportional allocation is selected where it auto calculates the fulfilled amount of allocated and unallocated volume according to their ratio.
- In the example below, Proportional allocation option was selected.
- When you check the Allocation table again, you will see that the allocation volumes from T1-09 were transferred to vessel TJX-126. And the allocation amount is calculated proportionally.