Integration features and expectations
vintrace has support to read in weight output generated from network attached scales. This allows operators to record weights in real time from Desktop, Laptop or Tablet device.
The following devices are known to work with vintrace with minimal configuration.
- Rinstrum 3XX and 4XX series
- Mettler Toledo IND5xx and IND7xx series
- Mettler Toledo IND266
- Avery 12XX series
- Avery ZMXX series
- Cardinal Storm 2XX
Note: We may be able to support other devices that provide a consistent and continuous output via a TCP socket connection. If you are unsure if your device will work please raise a support case with us first.
Preparing for integration
There are a few items you'll need to prepare on your side in order to proceed. If you are unsure of these please reach out to us via a support request.
1. Find out the make and model of your weigh scale unit. Gather any vendor technical contacts as we may need to reach out to them.
2. Determine the TCP port your scale interface communicates on. The vendor can help you with this. E.g. Rinstrum units can be communicated with on TCP port 2223.
3. Have your IT resource prepare to forward this port on your Firewall and provide you with a Public IP address for us to communicate with. We will provide an IP address for your to restrict access to for security reasons.
Submit a request
You can now proceed to submit a request for set up. Please provide the following information at minimum.
1. Make/model of the unit. E.g Rinstrum R320
2. Public IP address and TCP port for communication. E.g. 184.108.40.206 TCP port 2223
3. IT and vendor contacts
What happens next?
After we receive your initial request we will respond with an IP address to restrict the firewall rule your IT resource prepared. We will then set up the integration at our end and advise you of completion or reach out requesting more information.