Vintrace has built-in logic to recognize that if a wine was only in barrel for 10 days of the month, only 10 days worth of costs should be added to that wine, even if that wine has now been racked to tank, or bottled. Refer to our Adding Storage Costs for Wines in Vessel article to learn more.
To generate storage costs:
- Click More Options in the sidebar.
- From the Accounts tile, click Create Storage Costs.
- Set the Effective Date to the last date you want storage costs loaded. vintrace will add the costs to all wines up to, and including the effective date. We suggest running this monthly, and backdating to the end of the previous month.
- If you need to check the scheduled task work list across all facilities, click Check Job Management Console.
- Click Preview Storage Costs. Although this step is optional, we recommend you preview prior to saving to ensure the costs are what you’d expect.
- If you’ve checked and ensured all outstanding work orders for barrel work has been closed off in the system up to the effective date, enter a note in the Notes/Reason field, then select the I Confirm I Have Checked and Understand checkbox.
- Click Save.